The Covenant School is pleased to offer admission to a limited number of qualified International Students. The Covenant School seeks to enroll students from Grades 7 – 12 (though Pre-K through Grade 6 are also welcome to apply) who demonstrate the potential for success in a challenging and rigorous college-preparatory program. Academic strength, test scores, an understanding of the English language, and a willingness to participate in the life of the school are some of the areas evaluated by the Admissions Office.
Families who are part of The Covenant School open their homes and welcome International students each year. Each host family goes through a process of background checks, reference checks, personal interviews, and, often, home visits to ensure the best possible care for our students. Covenant School parents are caring and open to helping a young student adjust and grow in a new environment and culture. We welcome students into homes as a member of the family, offering a bedroom, bathroom, and a quiet place to study. Host families provide up to three meals per day, and students have the option of purchasing lunch at school. Host parents provide transportation to and from school and all school-related events during the school term. Students return home for the summer months (June, July, and most of August).
The Covenant School is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Contact Donna Harris, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org for application and international tuition information.
- Provide completed English and Math Teacher Recommendation Forms.
- Provide an Official Transcript (translated) from current school- including grades from the past 3 years.
- Provide a copy of Immunization Records.
- Provide one set of test results from one of the following: iTEP/SLATE, ISEE, TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., or SSAT.
- Parents provide a recent bank statement showing capability of paying tuition and living expenses.
- Provide an email address for communication throughout the process.
- Once the applicant’s file is complete, the Admissions Director will conduct a Skype interview (skype.com) with applicant at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time by appointment only.
Covenant’s Skype address is: the.covenant.school.admissions.
HOW TO ENROLL, once accepted for admission:
- Once an applicant is determined to be eligible for admission and a space is available, the school offers an Enrollment Contract with an acceptance letter.
- The School issues the SEVIS I-20. If transferring from another school that has already issued a SEVIS I-20, then the SEVIS Transfer Form will be completed.
- Parents sign Enrollment Contract and return it with tuition and fees.
(ACH and Wiring Instructions available upon request)
- Parents register online with FACTS Tuition Management one of these three ways:
1) use a credit card for automated payments (FACTS will not accept VISA or international credit cards)2) link to a U.S. bank checking account for automated payments
3) email Covenant’s Business Office at email@example.com to make arrangements for electronic invoices and make payments via ACH or bank wire.
HOST FAMILY OPTION
International students who desire to live with a host family during the school year must contact the Admissions Office for a list of Covenant families who are interested in providing home-stay.
The stipend for room and board is $17,000 per school year (mid-August through early June) and that fee is paid by the international parents directly to the host family.
A Host Family Agreement is arranged by the host family and signed by all parties (host parents, international parents, and student). This Agreement outlines expectations and household rules.
AFTER ENROLLMENT, upon arrival at Covenant, students must:
- Provide a copy of Health Insurance card prior to the first day of school. Health insurance is mandatory for all International Students.
- Provide a copy of student passport and Visa, including the Port of Entry stamp.
- Provide a copy of Signed SEVIS I-20.
Covenant does not offer an ESL program, though at the Upper School an academic support tutor is provided three times per week for a total of 3 hours of tutoring each week. This service is included in the tuition fee.